Fire Aware Charters
This charter is aimed specifically at companies who advise clients on construction costs, cost management and ongoing maintenance costs
This Charter is designed to influence the performance of cost consultants to encourage their clients to make responsible procurement choices
In signing this Charter
We commit that the following standards and actions will be upheld during the course of our activities:
- As a first priority, we will at all times consider the outcomes of our actions in respect to the safety of the end user
- We will be clear in the marketing of our business that we take our obligations for end user fire safety seriously, and will use the Fire Aware logo to identify this.
- We will ring fence costs allocated to fire safety provision within budget or contract sum analysis documentation, and ensure the client only uses these costs for that specific intent
- We will advise clients on the risks of irresponsible procurement choices and advise the risks inherent with a cheapest 1st approach.
- We will encourage our clients to consider the fire strategy of any new development and the potential costs this might produce to ensure sufficient budget allocation.
- We will take advice from trusted fire specialists on the level of budget costs allocated to fire safety on a project by project basis
- We will ensure that subcontractors are appropriately qualified, competent and experienced before tendering fire safety works
- We will ensure appropriate budgets are allocated for ongoing maintenance projects taking into account the type of building and its respective fire stratgey