Fire Aware Charters
This charter is aimed specifically at all types of designer undertaking works on behalf of a client
The charter looks at a designers obligations in respect to making sure the information provided clearly considers the life saving components of a buildings fire strategy, how they are installed, and ensures the details of their compliance are clearly explained removing the opportunity for confusion or simple uncontrolled alteration.
In signing this Charter
We commit that the following standards and actions will be upheld during the course of our activities:
- As a first priority, we will at all times consider the outcomes of our actions in respect to the safety of the end user
- We will ensure that fire safety is acknowledged as both a technical and moral necessity for all building designs we produce, from inception through to completion, in all sectors and building typology.
- We will ensure that all designed and selected materials used on the interior and exterior of our buildings will be selected based on their fire safety technical attributes and appropriateness in advance of any financial or value engineered proposal, and that it is our moral obligation to acknowledge that they are compliant with current Building Regulations, British Standards, and all other relevant fire safety compliance codes.
- We agree that it is our moral obligation to advise all clients that our building designs will inherently recognise the importance of fire safety and its impact on the end users.
- We agree that fire safety is a assigned a prime financial allowance for all our building designs, at all stages of the design and construction process, and it is our moral obligation to manage this process.
- We acknowledge that it is our moral obligation under this charter to design fire safety measures into the early stages of all building projects, including but not limited to the risk management of fire safety within the construction phases through to the post completion occupation by the end user.
- We will strive to continually improve our performance relating to the delivery of successful fire safety within buildings we design.