Fire Aware Charters
This charter is aimed specifically at companies who manage and carry out works within residential buildings working directly for the homeowner.
This Charter emphasises the importance of tradesmen understanding how domestic works affect a building’s fire strategy – for example replacing internal doors or even re-decorating.
In signing this Charter
We commit that the following standards and actions will be upheld during the course of our activities:
- As a first priority, we will at all times consider the outcomes of our actions in respect to the safety of the end user
- We understand that every type of residence works to protect its occupants and we will familiarise ourselves with this principle prior to undertaking works
- We will advise our customer of the fire strategy implications of works being suggested
- We will not undertake works to doors within a residence without first confirming the effect this may have on the fire strategy
- We will not decorate over fire safety components such as intumescent strips in door frames
- We will not drill through internal walls without understanding the impact this may have on the fire strategy
- We will interact with our customers Building Control agent prior too carrying out works to ensure compliant proposals
- We will inform the building owner of any fire strategy non compliance noticed during the course of our works
- We will inform Fire Aware of any fire strategy non compliance noticed during the course of our works
- We will upload compliance paperwork to the Fire Aware organisation