Fire Aware Charters
This charter is aimed specifically at companies who supply trades to carry out work on behalf of their employer.
This Charter is designed to influence the recruiter to acknowledge their obligations to ensure all those that are contracted out have suitable knowledge and experience for works that involves some form of fire safety delivery.
In signing this Charter
We commit that the following standards and actions will be upheld during the course of our activities:
- As a first priority, we will at all times consider the outcomes of our actions in respect to the safety of the end user
- We will be clear in the marketing of our business that we take our obligations for end user fire safety seriously, and will use the Fire Aware logo to identify this.
- We will be ensure we fully understand our clients brief in respect to the type of work being undertaken and will only consider suitably experienced and qualified applicants for the role.
- We will ensure accreditation held by our applicants is up to date and maintained in accordance with the relevant organisations conditions.
- We will confirm with our customer prior to contracting out that the applicant is suitably qualified to undertake the role.
- We will maintain a database of our applicants experience and accreditation, and periodically review performance to ensure the highest levels of compliance are being undertaken.
- We will inform Fire Aware if we become aware of client resistance to any of the above conditions
- We will work with the Fire Aware organisation to assist members who need advice on improving the moral commitments of their business