Fire Aware Charters
This charter is aimed specifically at companies who are considered specialists in their field and are accredited to a regulatory body to demonstrate their compliance.
This Charter recognises the difficulty customers have in understanding the technical nature of fire safety delivery and promotes awareness within the specialist contractors to engage their customers with simple terminology and clear language to ensure they are clearly understood.
It also promotes specialists to be particularly diligent in their assessment of defective works they are contracted to rectify.
In signing this Charter
We commit that the following standards and actions will be upheld during the course of our activities:
- As a first priority, we will at all times consider the outcomes of our actions in respect to the safety of the end user
- We will provide our clients with the information to take them over and above minimum standards
- We will anticipate and react to the ability of our customers to understand the nature of our work and its importance in relation to the success of the buildings fire strategy
- We will be clear in the communication of our technical information and the ability of our audiences to interpret them
- We will provide updated compliance certification to the Fire Aware organisation
- We will work with the Fire Aware organisation to improve standards in communication and information
- We will, through our procurement process, ask our supply chain to identify their own moral obligations in relation to fire safety and use these as a condition of order.
- We will provide Fire Aware, and the members of the Fire Aware community, with our guidance and advise on our given specialism related to fire safety